Monday, June 15, 2009

Special Webcast: SANSFIRE 2009: Geekonomics

I recently discovered the book Geekonomics: The Real Cost of Insecure Software by David Rice after listening to his AusCERT 2009 talk on risky.biz. David is a fantastic speaker and makes some very convincing points of the role of economics, psychology, and sociology in the security inadequacies that plague software. I am still reading his book and hope to post a review once I am done, but I wanted to point that SANS will be offering a special live webcast of David Rice's talk from SANSFIRE 2009 this Wednesday evening, June 17, 2009 at 7:00 PM EDT. If you have an hour to spare I recommend checking it out! You can register for the webcast here: https://www.sans.org/webcasts/show.php?webcastid=92538

No comments:

Post a Comment